Are you just a little bit worried about getting some of the GUNK floating around right now -- or maybe you already have??! 🤢🤧😷 No worries, I’ll show you a few simple ways to stay healthy and BE PREPARED. 🙌🏻
As a mom, I know you want to feel comfortable and confident in your game plan - especially if you are thinking of changing the WAY you stay healthy. Maybe you’re even afraid going "natural” won’t work or be as effective. So let's take a look at seven SIMPLE, travel-friendly prepping steps you can take NOW - that WORK.
7 Simple ways you can STAY well:
1. WASH YOUR HANDS: Be honest - how many of you wash your hands EVERY time after going to the bathroom - or wash your hands after coming home from running errands or work? Grocery carts & library books are nasty. PRO tip! Wash your hands with a soap like On Guard hand wash - it contains a protective blend of oils that don't strip your hands of good bacteria as antibacterial soaps do, it actually helps your body be protected instead. Another PRO Tip! Carry a good hand sanitizer - one that doesn't create super germs and doesn't destroy the protective layers on your skin, but it still effective when you don't or can't wash.
2. SLEEP SMARTER: How many of you get at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night? Need a sleep hack? Set your phone up to Nightshift (Apple devices) or Blue Light Filter (Android) so that it removes some of the blue light when the sun goes down. Those blue lights convince your brain that it's still sun shining outside, which reduces melatonin production, and keeps you from sleeping as well. When you lay down to go to sleep leave NO lights on in the room and turn off your WIFI, and turn your phone on airplane mode. Need more tips or more support in this department? Reach out to me.
3. DRINK MORE WATER: Sounds simple, right? However, most of us drink LESS water during the winter, when we need more. It helps to flush toxins out of the system and lets your kidneys do their job. Your brain and body will thank you. We need to stay hydrated - how much? Take your weight; divide it in half. That's how many ounces of water you need each day to stay hydrated. Need a water hack? Add a citrus essential oil to your water and keep the variety going - it will not only cleanse your body, give flavor to your water, but it will also keep you in a good mood.
4. CLEAN CLEAN: Notice I didn't just say "clean". You want to clean doorknobs, phones, computer keyboards, light switches, things that are heavily touched by not so clean hands. BUT don't do it with toxic cleaners like bleach, Lysol, 409, Windex - use cleaners that are safer for you AND effective. Natural doesn't have to = WEAK
5. ADDRESS THE STRESS: Most of us know we're stressed and that it's affecting our health. The problem comes when we don't do anything about it - OR - we deal with it in unhealthy ways. Prayer, Immanuel Journaling, reading the Bible, exercise, even essential oils can be healthy ways to manage stress. Finding healthy ways to reduce stress and increase gratitude can be a powerful tool in helping your body stay at its peak performance.
6. CLEAN UP the CRAP CHOW: I could go all day on this one, but the fact is that one of the reasons we call it cold/flu season is because we're eating too much sugar and processed foods that are killing our immune system so we've left it defenseless. Did you realize that processed sugars have been shown to reduce your body's immune system for up to 24 hours? Now, I'm all for the splurges, but make them special treats - not daily things. Use the 80/20 rule.
7. CLEAR THE GERMS & TOXINS: I'm not talking dirt - those are good germs. This goes back a little to washing your hands and cleaning with "clean" products. But it goes even deeper. The simplest way to do it? Breathe, touch, and eat essential oils daily. Not the synthetic fragrances from Wal-Mart, Costco, Amazon, or your drugstore - actual therapeutic, medicinal essential oils that can bring health benefits to your body and help your body do what God designed it to do - filter toxins & heal itself!
What about you? Why don't you pick ONE area in your wellness can you shift the needle a bit, then tell me below! For me? I've been slacking in the way I've been washing my hands, so I'm going to start washing the way they learn in med school. If you need more support in an area, reach out to me and we'll set up a complimentary 30 min wellness call so that you can discover the next best steps for you & your family.